Fri, Jan 21|
Community First! Village
January Service: Community First! Village
As requested at the FT retreat discussion on service projects, we'll be volunteering again this year at Community First! Village. It is a 51-acre master planned community that provides affordable, permanent housing and a supportive community for men and women coming out of chronic homelessness.
Time & Location
Jan 21, 2022, 12:15 PM – 4:00 PM
Community First! Village, 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin, TX 78724, USA
- Drop-off is in the big parking lot on Pat Patterson Pass
- Check-in at 12:15 - Meet at the Volunteer Center at the corner of Su Casa Dr and Pat Patterson Pass.
- Volunteer orientation
- Working on packaging products for their market and e-commerce sales
- Tour until 4
- Pick-up in the big parking lot on Pat Patterson Pass
- long pants
- closed toe shoes
- water bottle
- gardening gloves
- mask (not optional)
- $10 per person "suggested donation" for supplies & so our residential tour guide/supervisor earns to pay to live ther. You can pay online https://give.mlf.org/give/139802/#!/donation/checkout in "group name" field write "FISCHETeen Group Serve", cash - bring to check-in, or check made out to Mobile Loaves & Fishes in memo line write "FISCHETeen Group Serve" and bring check to check-in, or mail check to 9301 Hog Eye Rd, Austin, TX 78724
- Required Waivers for both chaperones and teens - bring to check-in or e-mailed by 10 am Fri., 1/21/22 to email@example.com (to print for you)
Click the links below to download the waivers:
ATTN Parents: We must maintain a ration of 1 adult to 5 teens while at Community First! So we would encourage parents to sign up to chaperone if you are available to attend!