Tue, Sep 22|
Location is TBD
CANCELED September Service Project
Contactless Food Drive!
Time & Location
Sep 22, 2020, 9:16 AM
Location is TBD
Our September Service Project has often been a food drive because Feeding the Hungry is an Act of Mercy. Many families have been especially hard hit financially during the Covid outbreak, and food pantries accross the area are reporting that they are helping more families while receiving fewer donations. So this year we WILL have a food drive, except it will work a little different.
When: Any time between now and September 26, 2020
Where: Your neighborhood
Who: All FISCHETeens
How: There are several ways to collect food. I'll lay out a few here, but feel free to get creative!
- If your neighborhood has a way to communicate on the web (a facebook group, the Nextdoor App, etc.), with your parents' help, let your neighbors know you are conducting a food drive. You can ask people to leave a well marked bag on their porch at a certain date and time, then you/your parents drive through the neighborhood an pick them up.
- Or, you can put up a sign in your front yard announcing a date and time for a drive by food drive. On that date/time, be in your front yard with a few boxes ready to receive the donations as people drive by and drop them off. (Please observe all local and state laws regarding masks and social distancing).
- If you're doing either of the above, have several times throughout the next two weeks to make it easy.
- Offer to do odd jobs around the house and for neighbors to earn money, then go buy items for donation with the cash.
What: The Central Texas Food Bank is specifically requesting the following items, but any shelf stable food will be accepted!
- Canned tuna, salmon, or chicken
- Spam (no, not joking)
- Cereal, Mac n Cheese
- Spaghetti Noodles, Canned Spaghetti Sauce
- Ramen Noodles
- Dry Pinto Beans
When and where is the drop off:
- Drop off at St. Luis Parish 2114 St. Joseph Blvd. (this is behind the church) between 7am and 3pm on September 27th
- Bring to the next FISCHETeen Social (September 24)
- Make arrangements with another FISCHETeen family to drop off your items at one of the times listed above.
As always, this IS A COMPETITION! Prizes will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. Please keep track of the number of ounces of food you collect (use the amount listed on the packaging). We will collect those numbers and announce the winners at the October retreat. This is on the HONOR SYSTEM! No cheating... that might be a sin. I don't know, but I wouldn't chance it.